Drive letter problems

Hey guys,

I've searched for this but nothing has really given me a conclusive answer.

I made a multi-boot DVD using Easyboot. I added Acronis Disk Director (which is much better than Partition Magic!) and I setup my partitions the way I want them.

C: = system drive

X: = Program Files

Z: = workspace

I set those drive letters too. When I start up the WindowsXP install, those letters show up as such too. The problem is, after I boot into Windows, those letters are changed to the earlier letters available. Now I can't run my scripts because most of them point to X: as being the Program Files folder (I even have a batch running to set X: as the Program Files directory). I've never been super clear on Partitions but I make C: Primary and Active and the other two logical. I fear from reading other posts that I am doing something wrong with this method and that this may be why my drive letters are disapearing. Can any of you shed any light on this subject? Thanks in advance.

-redfive

What tool or script are you using to change the drive letters? Acronis Disk Director? You might consider just using diskpart.exe from MS. You can script diskpart to do whatever you want.

I use it to change drive letters all the time for my CD-ROM and it does so successfully each time.

Hope this helps.

Before running:
:: --------------
::   - You shoud have the correct value in the environment string STR2FIND.
::     To do that, you should put a part of the answer DISKPART display when you
::     try to modify a reassignable drive letter.
::     To find this string, execute the following (without the text in () which are comments):
::         DISKPART
::         LIST VOLUME
::         SELECT VOLUME x (select an n on-system drive)
::         ASSIGN LETTER d (the same as the current letter)
::                         (DISPART display the message that you should take)
::         SELECT VOLUME y (select the system drive)
::         ASSIGN LETTER e (the same as the current letter of the system drive)
::                         (DISPART display an error message telling you that you
::                         ( cannot reassign the letter for a system drive, boot
::                         ( drive or a drive qhere is the swap file)
::         EXIT
::     You should take a part of the first message which is not in the second
::     message, and stop the string on accentuated characters.

I am completely lost at this part. Can you give me a little guidance here? I've done exactly this but I am not sure what you're getting at when you say accentuated characters and what not. I have reread this like 4 times.

Before running:
:: --------------
::   - You shoud have the correct value in the environment string STR2FIND.
::     To do that, you should put a part of the answer DISKPART display when you
::     try to modify a reassignable drive letter.

I am completely lost at this part.  Can you give me a little guidance here?  I've done exactly this but I am not sure what you're getting at when you say accentuated characters and what not.  I have reread this like 4 times.

If your Windows language is English, German or French, you don"t have to worry about that: just call

MapDrive ENU, or MapDrive DEU or MapDrive FRA,