Anyone Subscribe to computer active and have a scanner?

Drewdatrip

Im running Xp now but its not my C drive, and i installed the Windows files under E:temp, so its alittle strange, but my duel boot works fine. i was just woundering how computer active sxplained it, i just dont understand one part ...and that is i could not get Xp to install the install files on another disk besides the c, so i was going to se how the magazine explained it and how the illustrated it.:)

-drew

how difficiuldt can it be you throw the cd in and off it goes...

give us some more info on the problems you are experiencing.

or look at your magazine

ht*p://www.computeractive.co.uk/Specials/1124735

Regards,

BAH

Well its not that the install was difficult, its just that i wanted Xp to be my one and only OS, but i was unable to make a fresh install on a partition that had the install files on(fresh install requires to format hard Drive) and i could not get the program to install anywhere but the c drive...i would assign the e or d but when i wanted to start installing, it told me many times that it was unable to preform it because the install files were on the c.

so i just wanted to see how computer active illustrated it in the magazine

-drew

ok...this is it, This is the last chance that you will get on intructions on how to install xp. Its real easy so print these out and follow them in this order.

If you have Home version of XP download this to your computer and run the .exe app. It will make a boot disks to install XP from DOS. You will need probaly 6 3.5 disketts.

Home Version - h*tp://www.microsoft.com/downloads/release.asp?releaseid=33290

Pro Version - ht*p://www.microsoft.com/downloads/release.asp?releaseid=33291

Now boot with a 98 startup disk to get to your DOS prompt....Erase everything by switching dir and type the command as followed:

c: format c:

It will ask you if you want to proceed to format you will lose all information, click yes. After it is done it will ask you to put a volume level, Just click enter.

Do this to all dir that have any OS on them... (d:, e:, f: on and on) Once your done formatted all your drives put in the first disk that you created for XP with the above links. Boot from them and make sure you have XP disk in the drive while doing this. And thats it....cant get any easier.

-Chris