compressed file blues-help!

Vietfobster

that will keep them from getting compressed, unless another program like disk cleanup tells them to, or you do it manually. It probably started by running disk cleanup with "compress old files" checked. I was looking in my computer and it seems like some folders, like system32\dllcache are compressed by default. don't know why. things that make you go "hmmmmmm"

i ran disk cleanup and it showed 50,000 compressed files. i figured that if i checked it, it would delete them. isnt that wut disk cleanup is supposed to do? so if i run disk cleanup and it shows 50,000 compressed files, i should uncheck it?

take a look at the pic. im supposed to uncheck it?? but if i dont, wont there be an excess amount of compressed files?

wow i am sooo confused now !!! lol

post-34-1107586998_thumb.jpg

ok this announcement is so important, i didnt even edit my above post to put it in. it deserves its own post!!

offtopic:

be sure to watch the simpsons on superbowl sunday!!! my favorite nba player yao ming will be in it!!!!!!!! woot woot!!! :w00t:

* do not attach images - upload to hosting elsewhere and use %7Boption%7D tags

thank you

Edited by prathapml

Thought you had this licked last night.....

1.) disk cleanup is not showing how many compressed files there are, it is showing an estimate of how much space will be saved by compressing old files.

2.) no, it is not going to delete compressed files if you check that box, it will create more of them. leave the flippin box unchecked already.