Delete Reg Key?

Hi,

I am trying to delete a reg key with my Cleanup.cmd. However, the code I'm using asks for confirmation... what do i need to change / how do i delete a reg entry without confirmation?

here's my current (flawed) code:

ECHO  Deleting Temporary WPI Registry Key...
reg delete "hkcu\software\microsoft\internet explorer\styles"

but i think reg delete is better, because regfiles cannot delete a single entry.

o yes it can

[key_local_machine\software\microsoft\internet explorer\styles]
"a single entry"=-

how come i can't use reg command in my win2k pro?

it keeps on saying " 'reg' is not recognized as an internal or external command,.... :wacko:

Normally i use .reg file to do my job. :}

one more thing is, is there any good software/tools to do the registry editing? something can group the software name. eg. after i uninstalled NAV, there are many things remain in registry like NAV, symantec, livesub.... and so on.

last time i got a tool called EZclean. i can trace and shows all the registry entries and keys have been modified when i install a program. BUT this EZclean can't support Win2K and WinXP anymore when i have a chinese software in my computer. :no:

any suggestion?

hi syskplim,

reg.exe may not exist in win2k. It was part of the resource kit back then, and made it into the base OS later (winxp). But regedit.exe is what you need to apply .REG files - so you don't need to worry, unless you do value modifications from command-line.

For your other questions, the search function would be better.....

it has all been discussed more than once.

hi syskplim,

reg.exe may not exist in win2k.  It was part of the resource kit back then, and made it into the base OS later (winxp).  But regedit.exe is what you need to apply .REG files - so you don't need to worry, unless you do value modifications from command-line.

That's why i feel funny why i couldn't use REG command in command line.

Thankx prathapml. :thumbup

i did have a search on 'registry' but a lot of things came out. :(

oops..  i think i misunderstood your question.  :lol: are you saying there is no REG DOS command?

Try using a freeware called CCleaner (Crap Cleaner).

good stuff :thumbup

thankx totoymola. :hello:

as prathapml said, there is no 'reg' in Win2K command line. thats why i can use it. :(

thankx for the info.

• 1 year later...