Interview HELP!

dimegrind

Hey guys,

I have any interview today and I was wondering if you could help me out.

I know that I will be tested on my IT knowledge, can you supply me with some questions (along with the answers(don't have time to research)) that I should be expecting.

Thanks

The best advice I can give you is to simply relax. If you look too nervous or tense you might scare the employer. Working in IT you're going to constantly run into unexpected things. If you respond to stress by sweating, shaking, laughing and then collapsing you're most likely not going to get the job. :) Yes, this is easier said than done. It does take work. I've actually applied to jobs I didn't intend on taking simply to get the experience on interviewing.

Any questions they ask will be related to the employers enviornment. If they use RIS, they'll ask you about creating images for RIS. If they use Active Directory, they'll ask you about policy creation. They'll also ask about your past employment/academic experiences with the technologies they're interested in.

Don't lie or bluff your way through a question. If you don't know something then say so. If you're not sure then tell them that this is your understanding of how the technology works.

At the end of the interview they'll always ask if you have any questions. Its best to have at least one question for them. It shows interest.

Yeah remember the company too needs you as much as you need the company. if you know you are really good and efficient then remember the company will try their best to get you.

questions yeah just go thru u r resume..they will cross question you to check out if you have bluffed anything. also remember to inform your references.

and prepare for these standard q's.

Tell me something bout u r self, u r family, u r prev job, why you wanna change, why do you wanna join us, u r strength n weakness, u r plan and where u see u r self 5 yrs from now (i get stuck on the last 1...someone plz help me too :( )

rest............chill.

Tell me something bout u r self, u r family, u r prev job, why you wanna change, why do you wanna join us, u r strength n weakness, u r plan and where u see u r self 5 yrs from now (i get stuck on the last 1...someone plz help me too :( )

Just be hoest where do you wanna be in five years. Personally i wanna have my degree and be a Network Administrator.

Additionally let me just add to the list a question that I got stuck on

"How do you deal with conflict in the work place?"

That question count for major 'points' and i still haven't been able to come up with a flawless answer.