Boot Editor really works!

Dobby

It's probably been mentioned here before but I thought I'd share my experiences with using Boot Editor from UserXP. You can get the latest version (1.0.1) here.

I tried an older version before finding this one and couldn't get palette changes to work but this new version does the trick nicely. The interface is a little tricky to get to grips with but hey, it's free. I'm not complaining :thumbup

I've created a very simple bootscreen which turned out pretty good for my first one.

simple.png

You can also get the source images, .bootscreen image (for loading in Boot Editor) and the ntoskrnl.exe from here which is for Windows XP Pro SP2 in case you didn't notice from the image :)

• 1 month later...

you'r right the BootEditor has been refered to before in one of the other threads. while you'r on their site you should check out the LogonUIBootRandomizer too, seems like an awsome app.

for some reason i've never been able to use this prog. turns out that the file is corrupt, sent a mail to the guys there still waiting for a reply.

• 1 month later...

LogonUIBootRandomizer is a great program an its really easy to use. i have tried few others out there

and i wont use anything else

i have no problem as much as i play around with my puter. changing different things

think im going to try the boot editor now

tribalxskye