Media Centre with compressed XP and/or nlite

I have Media Centre on two cds..one with the regular XP Pro SP2 and the other with the media centre files in a directory called 'cmpnents' on the root of the cd.

If I cut down the size via Gosh's guide...the one where you install onto your hardrive and copy just those files then can I copy the cmpnents directory on the root of my new cd because I have all this extra space now? Usualy it would ask for the second cd, but now it should just install because it reads the directory on the root like the other cd right?

I'm using nlite and in the remove components dialogue it gives you the option of removing the media centre compent which it says are in the directory 'cmpnents\mediactr' so wouldnt this backup my theory of coying the folder over the root work?

Anyone who has done this or know anything about this could help...it would be greatly appreciated :thumbup

• 1 month later...

i solver this issue ages ago ...somewhere in jan i giess....i had even put the instructions on jpw to do it...apparently nobody was interested...but the bottomline is i had mce on 1 diisk + other software ...and everything was unattended.