PE Networking not working

DaGbyte

Now, I've been around the block a few times. I'm not an id***. Why, when I load PE to a hard disk I have NO problems, but when I load it from CD The video doesn't resize... the networking doesn't start... I'm kinda stumped.

We got the PE CD from MS and it works like it should when I load it to a machine and setup the HD to boot right into it. I run the PE builder to make the CD and while it makes the CD and all that happy rat stuff, the networking fails and the screen display stays at 6x4 whne I've already specified 8x6. Thinking it may be a driver issue I even copied the PE files from the HD that I KNOW work directly to the CD and I still get no networking. I'd be happy to read, just point me in the right direction :)

Thanx,

-DaG

OK... Don't everybody answer at once! Here's where being schizophrenic comes in handy...

I've been able to create a workable ISO using Mr. Jones' help - http://tjb.xgameservers.com/WindowsPE.html - but ONLY when I mount it via VMware. If I burn the ISO and try to boot from it, no video mode changes, no network connectivity.

What am I missing. Any ideas???

OK... Don't everybody answer at once! Here's where being schizophrenic comes in handy...

I've been able to create a workable ISO using Mr. Jones' help - http://tjb.xgameservers.com/WindowsPE.html - but ONLY when I mount it via VMware. If I burn the ISO and try to boot from it, no video mode changes, no network connectivity.

What am I missing. Any ideas???

What are the NICS you are using?

VMware uses AMD. it is a default driver in XP, 200 and 2003.

You may not have the necessary NIC or video drivers.

Chris

Sounds like driver issues to me, the no change in the Video resolution and the network card should be able to be solved by adding the correct drivers to the distrobution media.

//Edit//

I got sucked into an article, sorry about the repeat info.