DVD Shrink on Autoplay

Swimming_Bird

I'm assuming that the coding i need is somewhere in here:

[bsplayerAP]
HKCR,"Bspl.Play\Shell\play",,,"&Play
HKCR,"Bspl.Play\Shell\play\Command",,,"%16422%\BSPlayer\bsplayer.exe ""%L"""
HKCU,"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\AutoplayHandlers\EventHandlersDefaultSelection","PlayVideoFilesOnArrival",0x00000000,"BRiSsPlayBS"
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\AutoplayHandlers\EventHandlers\PlayVideoFilesOnArrival","BRiSsPlayBS",0x00000000,""
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\AutoplayHandlers\Handlers\BRiSsPlayBS","Action",0x00000000,"Play"
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\AutoplayHandlers\Handlers\BRiSsPlayBS","Provider",0x00000000,"BSPlayer"
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\AutoplayHandlers\Handlers\BRiSsPlayBS","InvokeProgID",0x00000000,"Bspl.Play"
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\AutoplayHandlers\Handlers\BRiSsPlayBS","InvokeVerb",0x00000000,"play"
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\AutoplayHandlers\Handlers\BRiSsPlayBS","DefaultIcon",0x00000001,25,00,50,00,72,00,6f,00,67,00,72,00,61,00,6d,00,46,00,69,\
00,6c,00,65,00,73,00,25,00,5c,00,42,00,53,00,50,00,6c,00,61,00,79,00,65,00,\
72,00,5c,00,62,00,73,00,70,00,6c,00,61,00,79,00,65,00,72,00,2e,00,65,00,78,\
00,65,00,2c,00,30,00,00,00

heh, while i dunno how to modify this directly it pointed me towards the right reg keys.

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\
AutoplayHandlers\EventHandlers\PlayVideoFilesOnArrival","BRiSsPlayBS",0x00000000,""

change it to

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\
AutoplayHandlers\EventHandlers\PlayDVDFilesOnArrival","DVDShrink",0x00000000,""

change all instances of BRiSsPlayBS to DVDShrink

EDIT: its inf's , so u need 2 have basic knowledge of inf's 2 edit it :P

EDIT: its inf's , so u need 2 have basic knowledge of inf's 2 edit it :P

heh, i guess thats my problem, i just used it to make make some reg keys:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\AutoplayHandlers\EventHandlers\PlayDVDMovieOnArrival]
"ShrinkDVDMovieOnArrival"=""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\AutoplayHandlers\Handlers\ShrinkDVDMovieOnArrival]
"Action"="Shrink And Re-Author DVD"
"DefaultIcon"="\"C:\\Program Files\\DVD Shrink 2.3\\DVD Shrink 2.3.exe\",0"
"InvokeVerb"="Shrink And Re-Author DVD"
"InvokeProgID"="DVDShrink"
"Provider"="DVD Shrink"

I may be wrong but I think, beyond refined and improved code, nero recode also supports MPEG-4 whereas dvd shrink doesn't? I expect there are probably other advantages too. But don't quote me on this.

I may be wrong but I think, beyond refined and improved code, nero recode also supports MPEG-4 whereas dvd shrink doesn't? I expect there are probably other advantages too. But don't quote me on this.

it supports mpeg-4 to do what? recode the dvd into mpeg-4?

it supports mpeg-4 to do what? recode the dvd into mpeg-4?

I have never used recode. But i read in a review somewhere that the Mpeg-4 thing was a difference. And I guess you would be correct to encode into mpeg-4... I may be wrong as I said. I haven't used recode. I just read that in a review.

:rolleyes:

If DVD Shrink works for you and its free, as it is, why even contemplate changing. :thumbup

if for example, u have the .inf copied over during install to C:\Infs u would use this code to install it silently

Rundll32 InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 128 %systemdrive%\Infs\DVDShrink.inf