Serial ATA driver for windows NT

mostein

i have Pcs Pentium 4 with SATA H.D and i want to install windows NT but it dumps the memory every time, so is it the SATA driver or the problem is with the chipset of the motherboard or is it the compatbility of the windows NT with the pentium 4 or what ......? please help me with this it is very urgent. Thanx

My guess would be a problem with the drivers. Go to the web site for you SATA controller and look for Windows NT drivers. If you find them download them and extract them to a floppy. During the install process Press F6 at the beginning of text mode installation.

If you aren't sure which SATA controller you have download Craig's PCI diagnostic software http://members.datafast.net.au/dft0802/downloads.htm

and the latest PCIDEVS.TXT. This program is DOS based so it will run from a boot floppy. Simply extract the pci.zip file to the boot floppy and replace the PCIDEVS.TXT file with the updated one. Boot the system off the floppy and run PCI.EXE.

Try using the register values you get from the memory dump to do a Google search.

If you feel the need to verify it isn't a hardware problem try installing Windows XP or 2000.