Burn files in DOS to USB ?

Dr. Mac

Dear Forum Members

Greetings.

At long last ... I've eventually found a boot floppy that allows me to access my external USB CD-RW from DOS! :D

However, I'd really like to know how I can copy and burn files - from DOS - to my external CD-RW (USB)

Acronis True Image does a perfect job, and they have obviously got some sort of generic driver that allows you to burb CD'S ... BUT ... it only burns a complete hard drive image.

What I'd like to do is to be able to boot off a floppy (or, like Acronis, a few floppies) select certain files (in DOS ... you see ... assuming I'm in trouble and Windows won't boot) ... and then burn them onto a blank CD.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Thank you.

Best wishes,

Dr. Mac

Edit : Sorry - forgot to say : I'm using Win98 SE, have an External USB Memorex CD-RW

Greetings!

You said :

"I suppose you are using the Motto Hairu driver with DOs aspi."

? ? ? ?

Oops! Sorry ... I'm a real newbie at this "buring files to USB in DOS" thing, so must admit I don't know WHAT you mean !!! :blink:

BUT ... I'll go and take a lok at the link you provided and see what's going on there.

Many thanks for taking the time to post your reply and provide the link. Much appreciated.

Best wishes,

Dr. Mac

Greetings guys

(Well ... I'm assuming you are both guys!!! :D )

Prathapml :

Thanks for the suggestion ... that's the sort of thing I would love to have )Bart's PE) but unfortunately ...

1) I don't have any of the WinXP CD's (I only have Win98se)

2) I've looked through just a tiny bit of the instructions on how to build a CD, and I started to go weak in the knees. I'm afraid I'm nowhere near THAT level of knowledge or expertise

(Now ... if somebody was kind enough to offer me an ISO of an already completed project ... with the Nero plug-in included .... :) )

Jaclaz :

Hello once again!

Thanks for the link ... I will take a look.

Take care chaps, and with my very best wishes ...

Dr. Mac