Nforce2 Ethernet is installed as IEEE1394!?!

Afterdawn

I have a strange problem with my integrated nforce drivers!

I just reïnstalled my computer, and my network drivers aren't installed! Everything else of my NFORCE2-board does work (such as sound/IDE). What's even weirder is that I suddenly seem to have a connection to an IEEE1394 400Mbs (firewire) network, which I normally do not have. I never had anything in my firewire port!

All this is Only because I integrated my nforce drivers in my unattended installations!

I used the OEMPNPDRIVERPATH method! If I try to install the drivers afterwards, by letting windows search in the nvidia\ethernet directory... windows doesn't detect them!

Maybe somebody can tell me exactly how you did it? So what directory names you used, where you put what etcetera!

I have a EPOX 8rda+ with newest bios. The nforce drivers arethe 5.10 package WHQL. (XP)

The IEEE1394 connection is not a worry. That's normal. You probably had it all this time and noticed only now. On my nForce2 board as well, the firewire gets detected as a network interface instead, but it works fine.

The real worry is why your network drivers haven't installed. I'd hazard a guess that maybe some files from the driver set were accidentally deleted or corrupted.

See this is resolved.. but a bit further info.. All files under "Ethernet" in latest nforce drivers are for ehternet.. Nforce 3/4 are now in the folder directly.. And the nforce 2 drivers are now under "PreNRM" If you have a nforce2 you only need prenrm folder. It is much smaller without the 3 and 4 drivers.