combining autoit file to exe

xpmagician

i created an autoit script to install a program. i was wondering if there is anyway to combine the exe file to the script to one file instead of two. The reason for this is i want the user to double click to one icon and silently the program will install and config without user's interactions. thanks

lol if you are succesful when combined and tested give me a shout please..

i combined mine when i click the "install.exe" combined with the "Script.au3"

It sort of messed up

it flooded the taskbar with the icon it creates when executing :realmad:

any1 else have this problem?

I'd take a screen dump but ... i can't be botherd restarting the computer after it's executed

This is what i get when i Compile the au3 script with an installer

eh5fx.jpg

lol

any1 know where am goin wrong?

Run("CursorXp Plus 13a.exe")
Winwaitactive("Stardock CursorXP setup")
Send("{TAB}")
sleep(250)
Send("{TAB}")
Sleep(250)
Send("{+}")
Sleep(250)
Send("{TAB}")
Sleep(250)
Send("{ENTER}")
Sleep(750)
ControlClick("Stardock CursorXP setup" , "" , "Edit2" )
Send("**-******************-**********")
Controlclick("Stardock CursorXP setup" , "Next" , "Button2")
sleep(500)
Sleep(500)
Sleep(3000)
Send("{TAB}{-}{TAB}-{TAB}{ENTER}")

Sorry for hijacking the thread btw

RightClicck Au3 Script An compile Script

LMAO....I think I know where your going with that question...silly thing is that I did that once...don't recall off hand if the taskbar got massively populated or not...but I do recall having to reboot because of it.

Basically wondering if you got the script re-executing it self...hehe this would be a bad thing. If this is the case its a simple and mildly foolish thing to have done....hehe now to do it more than once after finding out about this simple mistake...then puts it into a totally different state of affairs. ;)

what's the filename of your compiled script?

Same as the exe ther compiled into one

and it does the same when i compile them into 2 seperate .exe

Basically wondering if you got the script re-executing it self...

how do i find that out ?>

the script does'nt even run lol just fills the taskbar :S

i just double click the exe as usual with autoit compiled into it and then it floods me

rename your script to something different than the program you are running. i.e script: cursorxp intaller.exe app: CursorXp Plus 13a.exe

if both names are the same it may be executing itself instead of the desired app.

Okay for grins make sure you have the original "CursorXp Plus 13a.exe" file...in other words if you click on it...the normal installer starts up.

Name your script "script.au3" compile it as "script.exe" run it while its next to the installer.

You see when I had made the mistake I was working on WindowBlinds I think...I named the installer "WindowBlinds_vXXX.exe" XXX was the version...any ways I named my script "WindowBlinds_vXXX.au3" hehe which ran just fine in script format....but....when I compiled it into a exe....hehe it replaced the installer...and it didn't strike me at first what had happened...or the fact I was now one exe short. ;) I launched the file...and before to long my system was crawling. reboot was required to stop the evil chain of events. After reboot I noticed all that had gone wrong....and I hung my head and felt qute the fool for a while. Honest short sighted mistake...live and learn. hehe

IcemanND -

Doh I'm getting slow ;)