Making diskeeper run from bacth file

hey guys what i have atm is a WPI and a batch file that runs after WPI is finished now is there anyway to make it detect if diskeeper is installed and defragment the system drive, which also means how do i make it do this from a batch file or is that not possible

ok guys i looked at the above post very good thread but i just found a very very easy way to run it from a batc file although it runs with windows still loaded, all you need to do is make a batch file with 'diskeeper %systemdrive%:'

EG.

@echo off
TITLE Defragmenting Your %systemdrive% Drive
diskeeper %systemdrive%:

PS all it needs now is a way to check for diskeeper

ok guys i looked at the above post very good thread but i just found a very very easy way to run it from a batc file although it runs with windows still loaded, all you need to do is make a batch file with 'diskeeper %systemdrive%:'

EG.

@echo off
diskeeper %systemdrive%:

PS all it needs now is a way to check for diskeeper

and this works with v9 to?

i designed it from the latest edition and ive also found a way to make it check for diskeeper

I Have not yet tested this on a UA disk so im nto sure if that server not started error will pop up in UA disks

Install.cmd

@echo off
start /wait %cdrom%\Applications\Diskeeper\setup.msi /qb

cleanup.cmd

@echo off
IF EXIST "C:\Program Files\Executive Software\Diskeeper\Diskeeper.exe" (
start /wait %systemdrive%\install\diskeeper.cmd

) ELSE (
shutdown.exe -r -f -t 5 -c "Windows 2003 will now restart, this will give enough time for the shortcuts to update and for the shell to fully load before its ready to restart!"
)

diskeeper.cmd

@echo off
"C:\Program Files\Executive Software\Diskeeper\Diskeeper.exe" %systemdrive%:
shutdown.exe -r -f -t 5 -c "Windows 2003 will now restart, this will give enough time for the shortcuts to update and for the shell to fully load before its ready to restart!"

PSS. this is beeing run at the end of my UA disk so ive inlcuded all the extras i had

Edited by jamesas

but doesnt the other way do it during boot which would mean the service wouldnt be started and i dont think can be

for what i use it works now

which way are you talking about six pack and does it work properlly from a UA disk

but doesnt the other way do it during boot which would mean the service wouldnt be started and i dont think can be

for what i use it works now

which way are you talking about six pack and does it work properlly from a UA disk

read the topic Astalavista posted that is what i use

and it defrag's boot and in first logon, the way i did it