Acronis Disk Director and cdshell

dalholm

Hi Jotnar,

sorry but in my folder, there are no dat files!

Only these: -> Attachment

Do I only need this two files?

thx Ghandalf

Change diskdirector.exe to diskdirector.zip. with winrar installed, r.click on diskdirector.zip and extract... (you can do the same w/ the other exe's as well)

the graphics look really bad booting from the kernels. If size is a must then it's a fair trade off.

Ghandalf, please post in detail how you went about building your ima. Also, the wbt method will work (and is the easiest IMO) if you have the correct version of bcdw module and cdshell 2.0.11.

Hi LiquidSage

Change diskdirector.exe to diskdirector.zip. with winrar installed, r.click on diskdirector.zip and extract... (you can do the same w/ the other exe's as well)

Now everything works fine!! I changed mediabuilder.exe to .zip and now I have these two files! kernel.dat and ramdisk.dat!

I startet the two files with

if $lastKey == key[6]; then isolinux /kernel.dat rw vga=788 acpi=off initrd=/ramdisk.dat /s ramdisk_size=20480 quiet

@thx

Ghandalf

• 4 months later...

hey.

do these statements also fit to the booting of acronis true image??

i just explored the recovery cd, copied the files from it and used the command line published in this thread to call kernael.dat and ramdisk.dat.

is that right?

or are there otha possibilities?

thx,

dernernesto

kernel method:

In True Image 8, one must include the Recovery Manager folder along with enabling joliet to activate/manipulate the Secure Zone.

I'm not positive, but I don't think you will have access to OS Selector in Disk Director 9

Graphics look bad.

Some kernels can be shared between different Acronis products, thus if space is an issue in an extreme sense, one could squeeze a few extra megs in their compilation.

WBT method:

In True Image 8, Recovery Manager folder need to be added at AIO root and joliet must be enabled.

No loss of any functions/options and graphics are normal.

If space is an issue then your not gonna find a compromise here as there is no way to optimize the different wbt's