[HELP] Is there a Mouse Cursor's parameter exist?

First I have to say that my English is not so good, hope you guys could read me.

We know that in windows,when we're in a software envirement,different actions will make mouse cursor turn into different looks.

My thought is,Can I build a application that it's actions depend on the mouse cursor's look,that mean diffrent cursor's look will couse different act.

Or in a programs's term,I mean,is there a parameter of mouse's cursor for use to make my program take different acts?

Is this kinds of parameter exist?

For example,in photoshop,when I choose the "hand tool",the mouse's cursor turn into a "hand" look,now my program catch this change,then start to do something in backgrond that I have call it to do.

And when I choose the "zoom tool",my program will catch another change of mouse's cursor and go on to do anther action.

I there such a parameter exist for me to build my program?

Hope you guys understand what I'm talking about,Thank you.

(God English looks so beautiful )

The mouse cursor change is done thru the mouse driver software. It normally is a call to a function to load a specific pattern, and that pattern can be user supplied or a default within the mouse driver. Examples of default mouse patterns (shape) are: text mode cursor, hand cursor, arrow pointer, hourglass, etc.

The effect you need/want could be made, even when I have never seen an application doing what you say. Out of my mind I can only conceive an app that would monitor the memory area where the current mouse shape is stored and take action if that particular shape changed. I would need to consult tech documents regarding this, but I believe it could be possible. I would not give a definitive answer until I can verify for this.

Of course the things you describe are true. In Photoshop if you have a hand-cursoricon it does something else than with the zoomin cursor.

BUT:

Your Application (here Photoshop for example) does not ask the system (or whatever) what cursor the mouse has. The cursor is set by the application (Photoshop) when you klick a button. Under the hood the app also sets some other parameters.

For example:

You select the zoomin button.

Application locks your Image.

Application sets the document to zoomable state.

Application changes your mousecursor for the coordinates of the document.

So it does not ask what cursor you have, if you point over the image.

Hope anyone understood what i wanted to say :)

Btw. i don´t know, if it is possible to get the current cursor. I think it is, but i would be quite complicated.