Flashing BIOS on Other PC Disables File Sharing?

gamehead200

I damnd sure would'nt flash a bois by running the program across the network. It's scary enough just doing it from Windows.

I didn't flash the BIOS over the network... I only ran AIDA32 over the network to see what my motherboard was... :}

I hate how Windows file sharing works...

I just did this in the same order:

- Unchecked simple file sharing in Folder Options.

- Stopped the "Server" service.

- Disabled the "Guest" account.

- Started the "Server" service.

- Enabled simple file sharing.

- Enabled the "Guest" account.

Now everything works properly again... Its one of those Windows mysteries again... :P

Now it stopped working again! :wacko:

Hmmm.....

This is not a definite solution, but I suggest using Everest Pro.

AIDA development has stopped since a year, and been bought over by lavalys and become Everest. So I won't be surprised if AIDA had lot of bugs which cause your woes.

Hmmm.....

AIDA development has stopped since a year, and been bought over by lavalys and become Everest. So I won't be surprised if AIDA had lot of bugs which cause your woes.

Is it possible that there might be something wrong with my network cable? I changed the one going from Computer A to my router a few days ago... :}

Is it possible that there might be something wrong with my network cable?

No no.... Not possible.

That's the beauty of hardware - it either works or it doesn't, there's no intermediate stages. (yes, I know some of you have stories of HW that acted up, but that's different from a CABLE :P )

Best of luck with this gamehead200!

Hmmm.....

See, but the reason I don't understand this is how could running AIDA32 on one computer affect the network settings on another computer? :} The program would need administrative rights to do this, right? :}

Problem has been solved! :) Simple file sharing was causing the problem... Now I disabled it AND the guest account... I'm guessing its safer to have the guest account disabled, correct? However, people can still access my network shares... Is this normal? :}