Be wary if you get this email

FthrJACK

Hi my name is Angelica Lyximboorg; I am 22 years of age.

I am new to the internet, and I found your e-mail on one of the news groups.

I was just wondering if you would be kind enough and walk me thru on how to post a massage on the board.

I heard it's to do something with outlook express or something, I am just a little bit confused and all =)

If you can explain to me how to use the news groups forum that would be great.

Here is my e-mail address which I use daily Angelica22_aAfjGf@hotmail.com

Best regards,

i recieved the same email in my inbox at the same time, but both mails had different reply addresses, one was to AOL and one was hotmail, ive also seen a very similar mail to this about a year ago. All they want you to do is reply so that they get real email addresses from Newsgroups, as most people use reply addresses such as robert@-NOSPAM_removetoreply-btinternet.com etc.

doing this they only collect valid mails from the people daft enough to reply, angela, the mysterious 22 year old you imagine wears gym skirts and is on the cheerleader team is probably some big hairy fat bloke called Bob who never leaves his house and lives off of kebabs and sending spam.

If she was able to read the new groups and reply to a persons email addy she isnt new to the internet, and "its something to do with outlook" doesent wash either or she wouldnt be mailing you or reading from the news groups.

and internet newbs have no idea what usenet is!

The flaw to your logic would be you having to reply.

If it doesn't get bounced back as an invalid user/account, they know it's valid.

Replying only lets them know somebody actually read it (if it contains HTML). That's why I don't even read or open messages from people/companies I don't recognize.

I used to use a small freeware program called "Bounce Spam Mail". What is does is send a fake "bounce" message that the user is unknown.

But I now have a pay account with SpamCop. I use TheBat! as my mail client and in there I have a script (filter) that with a key stroke I can submit and report spam to them and then THEY send the spam reports to the ISP for the spammer. Since having done this, I very rarely get spam in my INBOX.