HELP on Office 2003 Custom Installation Wizard

coucou

Hi,

I was preparing the Office 2003 Unattended in Advanced method.

During the Office 2003 installation customization with the Custom Installation Wizard, on page 9/24 "Customize Default Application settings", i also insert my "settings profile" file.ops. Everythink goes fine.

At the end... when i click on Finish the system start calculation for generating the Unattended.MST file... and i got the error message (see attached image):

The MSI and MST you opened do not require a specific codepage, but some text in the Application Settings profile (OPS file) requires codepage Windows 3.1 US (ANSI) [1252].

If you continue the MST will be limited to input from this codepage and can only be used to install on systems supporting this codepage.

For codepage related help...

Does anyone can help to resolve that???

Regards

coucou

Looks like the .OPS profile captured some keyboard settings for a Latin keyboard.

Try changing your Keyboard layout in Regional Settings to something like United States - International and rerun the profile wizard.

Good luck.

Well!!!

My keyboard layout is french and i'm using windows French too.

TNX for the info

BTW, where could i found help for that error???

In fact, In the message error i got, it say: "click the Help button from any page in the wizard, click the index button, and enter "codepage"." i did it, nothing regarding "codepage".

Regards

coucou

• 2 weeks later...

im having problem with the custom installation wizard too

when i do what i wanted in it pertty much make a full install and have the cd key in there it wont work on my unattended

its start on the beggening like its extracting or getting ready to install but stops there

when i did a admin setup to make a mst it works great and its around 73k but when i do a custom full install it wont at all and its around 10k

what im i doing wrong or can someone send me there mst file

• 3 years later...
Looks like the .OPS profile captured some keyboard settings for a Latin keyboard.

Try changing your Keyboard layout in Regional Settings to something like United States - International and rerun the profile wizard.

Good luck.

Where is "Regional Settings"? Which? In Control Panel?