switches into Safe Mode

lesmich50

HI people,

whilst surfing my Yahoo groups ocassionallly the system switches over to safe mode. This happens on Firefox. Any suggestions? I have home XP (HP system)

Cheers

les

NZ :realmad:

no the sysytem doesn't reboot it just changes into safe mode

how? just your color goes all crappy? or does it actually not allow u on the net & all the other stuff safe mode does?

The colour goes all fuzzy but I can still surf and use the PC same as when u r in safe mode. I have Adware n Spybot installed and yesterday had the MS patch for malicious malware updated by MS. I scanned the system as I always do and nothing found.

I'll run "housecall" from Trendmicro n see if they can detect anything.

My system is 2 years old and I seem to remember I had this problem when the system was virginal.

I still feel that when u buy a pre-installed HP XP home PC (522a pavilion mx70) that they (HP) manipulate Windows to the detriment of the OS's functioning.

I notice that with very new update from MS somehow something goes wrong albeit the CDROM drive goes missing, switching into safe mode,etc,etc...

I can't run a clean instal of XP as the system was preinstalled and I don't hv the CD.

I just wonder if anyone else running a HP hacked XCP home has similar problems?

Cheers :whistle:

First, it's not switching into safe mode, that requires a reboot. If it's not rebooting, it's not going into safe mode.

My first guess is that you have active desktop turned on. I've seen this on 98 machines but not XP, but that doesn't mean it can't happen.

Right click on the desktop then choose "Properites" > "Desktop" > "Customize Desktop" > "Web". Make sure nothing is selected.

However, I don't think that's it, just something to check.

First, it's not switching into safe mode, that requires a reboot. If it's not rebooting, it's not going into safe mode.

My first guess is that you have active desktop turned on. I've seen this on 98 machines but not XP, but that doesn't mean it can't happen.

Right click on the desktop then choose "Properites" > "Desktop" > "Customize Desktop" > "Web". Make sure nothing is selected.

However, I don't think that's it, just something to check.

no that didn't do the trick but tks anyway

Les