Nvidia nforce 2 user look here please

glent

Ok i have small issue with 2 of my nvidia motherboards

When i boot any version of XP on these computers after all the text mode driver load i see a message saying please wait...and it take aroudn 2 mins before the partition screen comes up.Now this is on two different computer

1.DFI ultrab with a Hitcahi HD

2.shutlle SN45G witha maxtor HD

now heres the funny thing i added a really old 2 gig HD to test and the screen only appeared for a second but on other drive its usally 1-2 minutes

any had a similsre expericnce??

nForce2 and IDE drives here - and it takes the normal 30 seconds or so (for loading those truck-load of MassStorage drivers). Most of those aren't even needed in most cases, but they insist you have it! :(

2 minutes is a bit too long. Try checking if all's well with BIOS settings, with "CMOS defaults" and "optimized" settings. Then see if something is wrong with the data cable. Try borrowing a new HD from someone and boot using that, does it still take as long?

If you are using the useless nVidia IDE drivers then I suggest you stop using them. The Windows default IDE drivers are far superior and also have no problems. This is not to say that your problem is definately linked to the nVidia IDE drivers, but the is a good probability of it. Lots of wierd problems have turned out to be due to the infamous nVidia IDE drivers.

First, the nVidia IDE drivers has nothing to do with what glent is talking about (the stage where it boots into the setup CD).

Second, after windows is installed, the IDE drivers of nVidia is wonderful and causes ZERO problems - I've found that my frame-rates in games decrease by 50% or more if the nVidia IDE drivers is not present.

As mentioned in my post, the IDE drivers are not neccessarily responsible for the problem that glent is facing. But if you have a Zip drive the nForce 5.10 IDE driver will render the drive useless. Even the older IDE driver causes problems with the complete functioning of Zip drives. These are well documented problems amongst many others that the nVidia IDE drivers have historically had. In fact nVidia themselves have repealed their IDE drivers on a couple of occassions due to the numerous problems. Ofcourse there are those whose systems that do benefit from the IDE drivers and I suppose that is why nVidia releases them.