Lots of noob questions?

iwod

I don't undertsand a word that is said in Method 2, so if this is solve by this method than please ignore my questions. ( If anybody could put the difference between Metho 1 and 2 in simple fashion i would be very greatful for that. Anyway i have heard of messy story on method 2. So please enlighten on it ) :D

I have few questions on Method 1.

1. The Drivepack i downloaded contain many sub folders. On the instruction in Method 1 state that Sub folder scanning is not supported. Would that means i have to put all .inf on the top level?

2. These method copy driver to C: but we delete OEM folder after Installation complete, example what happen if i have a Wlan card i plug in after ward? Are there any way to intergrate it into driver.cab?

3. Does window actually read from Driver.cab everytime? ( Wouldn't it have to decompress it everytime than ? )

4. I was thinking why aren't there any driver pack for Chipset and graphics card? I think WLan and Lan have loads of Vendor and it is a hell of a job to download it all. While Chipset and Gfx only have a few Manufacture? Gfx = ATI + Nvidia + Intel + SIS + VIA + Matrox.. and chipset is like = Intel, Via and Sis .....

I don't undertsand a word that is said in Method 2, so if this is solve by this method than please ignore my questions. ( If anybody could put the difference between Metho 1 and 2 in simple fashion i would be very greatful for that. Anyway i have heard of messy story on method 2. So please enlighten on it ) biggrin.gif

It's really simple:

-Method 1

keywords: winnt.sif, OemPnPDriverPath

info: http://unattended.msfn.org/drivers.htm

-Method 2

keywords: presetup.cmd, Pyron's method, SetDevicePath.exe, WatchDriverSigningPolicy.exe

info (including a full explanation): http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=12566

I have few questions on Method 1.

1. The Drivepack i downloaded contain many sub folders. On the instruction in Method 1 state that Sub folder scanning is not supported. Would that means i have to put all .inf on the top level?

No you don't have to change anything of the DriverPack structure. Just enter the OemPnPDriversPath that's provided in the Method_1_Vxxx.htm file in your winnt.sif.

2. These method copy driver to C: but we delete OEM folder after Installation complete, example what happen if i have a Wlan card i plug in after ward? Are there any way to intergrate it into driver.cab?

You can integrate drivers into driver.cab, but I would highly recommend not to do that. It's alot of work. While now, I've done the work for you. What you CAN do is the following: use Method 2, DON'T reset the DriverSigninPolicy and DON'T remove the DriverPacks folders. (currently %systemdrive%\Drivers and %systemdrive%\DP)

3. Does window actually read from Driver.cab everytime? ( Wouldn't it have to decompress it everytime than ? )

Yes Windows DOES read the Driver.cab every time.

4. I was thinking why aren't there any driver pack for Chipset and graphics card? I think WLan and Lan have loads of Vendor and it is a hell of a job to download it all. While Chipset and Gfx only have a few Manufacture? Gfx = ATI + Nvidia + Intel + SIS + VIA + Matrox.. and chipset is like = Intel, Via and Sis .....

They will come :) . And indeed you've got a point there :)