GhostSurf Platinum 2005

totoymola

Hi. Is there a switch to install GhostSurf Platinum 2005 silently? I don't know it's installer..

Thanks.

Edit: It uses Inno Setup, but it ignores the /silent. I don't know why.

Edit2: It's working now. The file that is copied to the %temp% folder when I run the original installer accepts the regular Inno setup switches.

• 2 months later...

I used /VERYSILENT which worked fine. I do however, have two critical questions--where is the registration info hidden at, and even more important, where is the activation code buried at? I looked through the registry until I was seeing double. Can it be re-activated without going to Tenebril?

I'm also looking for a way to register it.. I think the registration is not in the registry. Maybe the program creates a file that contains the activation data in the %appdata% folder or in the installdir.

I used Dantz Retrospect to back everything up--it didn't work for Ghostsurf though. I thought about trying Acronis TI8, but it may be the same thing, and I hate to use up activations. I used Installrite on a couple programs where the reg. info was nowhere to be found--loaded the program, added the registration info, then made the .exe. They worked well. I may try that with Ghostsurf--load it with Installrite, activate it, then make the .exe--unless someone has already "been there--done that".

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't have any luck installing and activating Ghostsurf through the use of Installrite. :} Acronis TI8 on the other hand, backed up and restored the activation info (I loaded the backup image onto a fresh format to try it). It seems if Acronis can find and save Ghostsurf's activation, then hopefully someone here should be able to get it figured out too.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I got success for silent install with /VERYSILENT SP- switches, but no luck with silent activation. I had to activate it manually.

Moreover, i save all registry before and after the activation, compared them NADA! Looked for any new file or modified file Nothing.

Does anyone find how to activate it silently???

Rgards

coucou

Try looking in

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT

for entries that start with TMPGS3 and copy gs-main.dat saved here

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Tenebril\GhostSurf\3.0

the .dat file is created after first run and will stop the prog asking to do a quick update when opened.

I don't know if this works on multiple machines of if the keys differ from machine to machine.

Tried it on another machine and the reg keys don't work on that machine, so the activation does something with the code on a per machine basis, the reg key values may also change on the same machine after an unattended install.

Deleting the reg keys in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT (also created in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes) prompts the program to ask for activation, cancel that and import the same reg key activates it again.

Edited by benners