Unbelievable problem with Firefox installation

midiboy

PS:

@ prathapml: I did read up on the links you gave me but turning off the "Import Wizard" using the code in one of those links seems to be either not working or there is another problem somewhere. I even asked this on the official Mozilla forum but no answer yet. I tried all kinds of combinations in all kinds of js files with all kinds of editors and formats, but the Import Wizard pops up each and every time Firefox runs for the first time and no profile for that user is present.

So the only way, I see currently is to trick Firefox with that dummy profile.

Ah, and sorry for the worng forum, I did give it some thought though. In my opinion, this thread is more about problems with an unattended installation than about switches :yes:

Bye,

Alex

@Astalavista

Your method works for me sort of. I'm not using simonsays's installer (no offense) but a zip + inf (provided by prathapml) made into a sfx file. After extract that sfx and the profile sfx, firefox loads and everything visually is there but when I click buttons, etc. nothing seems to work. No tabs, windows or nothing. I was wondering does anyone know what I did wrong?

Now I want to know why it doesn't work ;) (since I recommended that INF).

Are firefox files extracted properly to "%ProgramFiles%\Mozilla\Firefox" directory?

Actually, you won't even need anything more than that, the INF/REG is just for the sake of firefox identifying itself to plug-ins (like flash 7 player, etc.).

• 4 weeks later...
1. Go to start menu and click on Run. Type the following to start Firefox using the default profile.

"C:\program files\mozilla firefox\firefox.exe" -profile defaults\profile"

2. Install any extensions and themes and customize how you want everything to look like.

You just need to drag-and-drop the downloaded XPI files (plugins) on the firefox window to have it installed.

Then just make a RAR SFX of the firefox folder in programfiles to extract silently to where you want, and put the EXE on your uA install process.

Third step, you need registry entries for firefox, get it here - link.

That's all, No application data info copied over.

Unbelievably simple solution to unbelievable problem. ;)