Problem with Firefox

durex

So Ive been having this issue with firefox where the browser loads, but theres nothing in the address bar, no page loads and I cant use any menus or type anything.

The wierd thing is, is that its not completely locked up... when I move my cursor over the address bar or search bar the cursor changes to the text bar thing... also I can click the Firefox update button and it actually runs the update checker to see if there are any extension/firefox updates. Also, when I press the home button or the refresh button, an hour glass comes up for a sec, like its actually loading something... It randomly works when I close it down and reopen it again...

Also, Ive reformatted and reinstalled firefox once already and still have this problem...

Heres a screenshot as to what it looks like when I start it up.

http://www.dynamic-innovations.net/uploads/firefox.JPG

Heres a list of my extensions...

http://www.dynamic-innovations.net/uploads/extensions.JPG

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

I get this problem too sometimes, not as serious as yours, but then I am running a base install of it... For me its almost like it can't draw to the graphics drivers... I thought that it was actually a bug in the software...

Still, can you open new tabs and view pages on them? What content are on the pages you're viewing, for me it generally happens with flash pages...

Honestly, I have no idea what causes this to happen, but what I have found useful is simply to minimize firefox, and then restore it to previous size...

I would ask this question to the firefox dev team though, they will probably have an answer, else tell you that its simply caused by an errent extension...

Yea, I tossed up a post over there as well...

Another thing I noticed is I can right click on the area where the page should have loaded and it shows the FF context menu as it should.

Also, I found it always seems to work when I use "firefox.exe -profile defaults\profile".

In response to your questions, I cant open new tabs and this never happens after its been working and I goto another page... it only happens when I first open it up. Also minimizing and restoring doesnt do anything.

Hmm, its just a hunch, but i think your problem may have to do with the Enhanced History Manager plugin...

I could be completly wrong, but the reason i say this is because from the info you've given us, its probably an init problem of some sort, and since most of the other plugins wouldnt be affected by the profile in use, the most logical plugin to fault would be that one.

I could of course be wrong, but disable that extension and see what happens is my advise...

I got my hopes up for a sec there... I launched infor FF Safe Mode, uninstalled hist manager plugin, launched back into safe mode so that it would fully uninstall, then launched the normal FF shortcut. It worked! Then I closed it, launched it again.. and no dice. Closed and re-launched a few more times and still no go.

Only way I can open is by using the default plugin or in safe mode. Dammit.

::UPDATE::

Hrm.. well it seems to be working now. I also had noticed that when I loaded into safe mode it showed an extension installed which I had previously uninstalled. The more I think about it, the more I think it was around the time I uninstalled this extension that I started experiencing this problem. So I launched FF in safe mode again, uninstalled the extension and everything seems to be working without issue...

I think what the problem was is that I loaded into the Default profile when I uninstalled it, so I could use that for my uA install, but I never uninstalled it from the 'normal' firefox, which Im assuming caused a conflict and this issue to occur.

Regardless, it seems its working fine now, which is all that matters. Thx for the help mattofak.