I'm here... let the REAL sh*t start!

couzin2000

Hey y'all...

Couzin2000 is here! I'm a newbie (obviously) looking to prepare his first unattended install... I think I've been doing good so far: I have the cd all prepared and ready to start, thanks to the real cool work you guys have been doing. I'm sure I'll keep you all posted on my progress.

I'm a self-taught web designer, although my primary concern is music -- I'm a bass player in my own band. If you guys ever wanna take a peek at what we do, check out NeverMute.

I've dabbled quite a bit in programming, although it is just that - dabbling. I hae basic understaning of programming languages, especially web-specific stuff like XHTML and CSS. I have a blog site - Couzin2000.net - and I try as much as I can to keep it updated. Some of the stuff I learn here will definitely make it way to my site.

I've installed my share of Windows', and I now have a pretty good knowledge of what it does, including services and some hidden security concerns. But like anybody else, I don't know everything, and this is why I come here.

As you can see, I also have a big problem - I talk waaayyy too much.

See you guys out there!

• 2 weeks later...

• 8 months later...
I'm a bass player in my own band. If you guys ever wanna take a peek at what we do, check out NeverMute.

See you guys out there!

Hi couzin2000,

I'm speaking on behalf of my band, which coincidentally is named Nevermute. We've been around for about 7 years, just jamming, writing, here locally. We have a rough site up - Nevermute, if you want to hear a sample. We're also endorsed by Halo Guitars. We've trademarked the name here in the Washoe County. Right now we're putting together a demo to send to the Library of Congress to copyright the name, music, and any logos/graphics as a whole "works".

Nevermute is our life, that we've all worked so hard toward making a reality.

You can see where this might be a problem. We're wondering if you guys have any samples/songs we could listen too. We'd also like to ask if you guys could change the name of your band out of respect for your fellow musician. We'd greatly appreciate it.

-Eric, Vic, Joe and Robert of Reno, NV.

Edited by mute1ne