Command-line app to start during RunOnceEx

couzin2000

I have an app that I have to run during my silent install. I use the RunOnceEx method, and there are things I have to type in that command-line app as it runs.

-name {enter key}

-{enter key} (because it's a blank space)

Now, is there a way to make RunOnceEx do that on its own? I know I can enter the command by typing

REG ADD %KEY%\030 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\app\blablabla.exe" /f

but i need the info to be entered as I run this app.

Actually, now that I think of it, I have to drop it in $Progs\app\blablabla.exe so that it gets copied in the right place, then have it run from there, while entering the info.

Do I have to resort to a batch file to do something like this, or is it at all possible with RunOnceEx?

hmm... I was hoping not to have to resort to that. Since you can run commands from the RunOnceEx file (like a batch file), wouldn't it be doable to have the text be "typed-in" and then the enter key being "hit" twice?

Or do I absolutely haev to go thru AutoIT?

Batch files can not do what your needing....now if you can get a way with registry entrys...then batch's can do the trick just fine.

Other wise to actually type stuff into a running application you will need to use some sort of advanced scripting.

Of the main freeware ways to script application input, you have VBS, JS, and AutoIt.

So no you don't have to use AutoIT if you prefer not to...but you'll then have to use VBS or JS.

I frankly find AutoIT the better choose of the three for this chore. Tho honestly I have no real exprince with VBS so...my views on it directly are mute. Tho between JS and AutoIT...AutoIt is clearly the winner from my perspective.

Also any thing you can do in a batch file, you can do in AutoIt...plus a whole lot more.

Really I feel that AutoIt should be a main stay tool for admins every where. You get it down to an art form, along with WSH and your life can become a lot better and what you do looks a lot more professional.