explorer hangs when viewing dir with videos

geekzster

One of my directories contains videos of various formats, mostly divx with the .avi extension, though there are assorted other types.

when I browse to this dir, approx. 3 seconds later I recieve the following error:

exploder_error.jpg

If I am fast enough and pull off a double click before it explodes, the files will run.

I think this is a memory error; however, this error only occurs with this directory. All other files on this drive execute properly. All files within this directory are video files of one sort or another.

Additionally, I have two computers with the same installation, and this error occurs on both systems, both over the network and locally.

Any suggestions (for a beginner, mind you) on where to look? Anyone seen these symptoms and error before?

TYIA

geekzster

Have you tried to browse it with, for instance, total commander?

I had the same problem with Windows Explorer, and found nothing, untill I reinstalled Windows with SP2 integrated.

Now everything works fine..

Are you 100% sure that you didn't do somethig wrong when slipstreaming SP2 and tweaking it with NLite..

NLite is a great program but you can make errors in Windows installation, especially if you installed this OS from the same source on the 2 different computers and receiving the same errors...

Total Commander is a powerfull program that can be very good substitute for Windows Explorer, FTP explorer etc...

actually, I am quite sure that I DID do something wrong!

I am sure that I did the slipstream of sp2 properly...I have done that countless times.

I am fairly sure that my tweaking with nLite is the issue, even though I was very conservative.

I guess I will just try again. No better time than the present.