SBC Yahoo DSL!

kornychaos

Anyone know how to quietly install this .. also if someone can give me a resolution to this taskill problem; whenever I try to install Ad-Aware 1.05 SE Professional silently using taskill .. it says there is no such command or something .. I'm gonna try pskill and hopefully that will work but if anyone knows the solution to either of these please tell.

SBC Yahoo! DSL doesnt require anything to be installed. I am using it right now using Window's default setup for LAN. SBC Yahoo! DSL is an internet service provider... why would you want to silent install that anyways?

I want to silent install it that way I will have an internet connection as soon as WinXp is installed. Also some of my programs that are installed require an internet update and so therefore I need an internet connection. Also to activate windows it requires a connection therefore giving me even more things I have to do.

and SBC Yahoo DSL is a DSL provided by Southwestern Bell and Yahoo .. you should find the link on yahoo.com

whenever I try to install Ad-Aware 1.05 SE Professional silently using taskill .. it says there is no such command or something

Um... I think your problem might be as simple as you are spelling it wrong!

The command is one word: TASKKILL

Try using this command and see what happens.

SBC Yahoo! DSL doesnt require anything to be installed. I am using it right now using Window's default setup for LAN. SBC Yahoo! DSL is an internet service provider... why would you want to silent install that anyways?

I also have SBC, and I think it does require software installed. The connection is PPoE (???) based, and is basically a dialup connection. Whats actually is going on is that SBC tries to conserve bandwith and when you aren't using the internet, it cuts you off of it to preserve the bandwith.

Many people that use SBC don't even know this because the first thing they did was connect a router, and one of the settings we all use is a setting that tells the router to automatically reconnect ever 30 seconds or so to help prevent the internet connection from being dropped.

What we did was actually cause the router to "dialup" every 30 seconds to ensure that the connection isn't dropped, and this also effectively makes our connection always on instead of as needed.

My guess is either that kornychaos doesn't have a router, and he is the only one on his DSL line, or that he a router, but just hasn't set this option up yet.

Thanks for the TASKKILL hint but this is what I have already been using ...

ECHO.

ECHO Installing Lavasoft AdAware 1.05 SE Professional

ECHO Please Wait...

start /wait %systemdrive%\Install\Applications\AdAware\aawsepro.exe /s

taskkill /IM hh.exe /F

taskkill /IM Ad-Aware.exe /F

Also here is the link to SBC Yahoo DSL http://promotions.yahoo.com/sbc/static/1995.html

I already tried pskill for the lavasoft adaware and that didn't work either it says its not a recognized command or something along that line.

@kornychaos

regarding the yahoo dsl.. I get as many customers away from their software as possible. Router is one method.. Otherwise, use windows XP's built in PPOE protocol. Just use the username and password you normally enter for the yahoo dsl software.. It works everytime. Only time you need to use their horrid software is for initial setup of email accounts and such.. you can even use standard 56k dialup connnection from yahoo/sbc without the extra software.