DOOM: Collector's Edition

DarkCloud

Does anyone know what the silent install switch for this game would be? I'm sure it's /s but I didn't want to put it on CD and not have it work. Also, is there any specific files I would need to copy in order to make this work? I know on the CD there are a few different setup programs which both install the game, but I want to make sure I have the right ones. (forgive me if I dont make sense, its almost 3:30 in the morning here)

well i install moh:aa and moh:spearhead together with my unattended cd.

this is how it works: a batch files check if the a personal dvd i burned with the games isos is in the drive. if not, it continues with the installation, if it's there then mounts the images with d-tools.

moh uses installshield and i've placed on my uA CD the setup.iss files so with the propper switches i point those files and the moh setup is silent. after everything it's installed, other batch file unmount all the images and continue the installation of XP. this would be really tricky but you only need to know what type of setup doom3 uses ;)

LMAO u want to install Doom w/ your Unattended XP?

I am sure it can be done... but are u sure?

which doom do u hv doom3?

I was asking about DOOM: Collector's Edition. So what if I want Doom to install on my CD? Maybe I want a CD that installs all my favorite games...big deal.

you could use a program like autoit, or something similar that would watch your machine as you install a program (or game), and then take a snapshot of the changes made to your system, and build an installer for you.

then you run it on your uA CD and it will install the game silently

you could use a program like autoit, or something similar that would watch your machine as you install a program (or game), and then take a snapshot of the changes made to your system, and build an installer for you.

then you run it on your uA CD and it will install the game silently

OK, I'm kind of new to this whole thing so if you guys are going to give examples, I won't really know what you're talking about. Could someone just possibly tell me what the switch is?

• 1 year later...

been considering the same idea for battlefield 2. I was thinking of just copying the folder thats installed on my current system and then using the $Progs to copy it over but im guessing i would need to find if thiers any registry settings that need exporting and re-importing? Could work same for Doom!