Problem with NDP1.1sp1-KB867460-X86.EXE

ForgotPassword

I looked up a current list of hotfixes, and slipstreamed them. All except for one. NDP1.1sp1-KB867460-X86.EXE gives an error (forgive me) something about You can't install this during setup, and must be installed after setup. [OK]

Anyone else experience this? All the other hotfixes slipstreamed, and the WINNT.SIF worked well. AND, fyi, I DID put it in the SVC-MSX folder. I need to reslipstream to fix this, and one other naming error in WINNT.SIF.

Thanks in advance. And, BTW, excellent job GreenMachine. What a nice program.

-fp

Okay, with my most recent build, this is the exact error message:

Window Title: KB867460.EXE (which is what I named it, from NDP1.1sp1-....)

Triangle /w Exclaimation Point

Text: The upgrade patch cannot be installed by the Windows Installer service because the program to be upgraded may be missing, or the upgrade patch may update a different version of the program. Verify that the program to be upgraded exists on your computer and that you have the correct upgrade patch.

-------

That's it. I swear yesterday before I rebuilt the CD it said something else. BUT. That's where I'm at now. Click OK, it finishes installing, and I can go to Windows Update, and download/install it with no problem.

Thanks.

-fp

• 4 weeks later...

ForgotPassword I just do it the way GM does it on his current hot fix page.

I leave it named "NDP1.1sp1-KB867460-X86.exe".

However I have had problems (not with this specifically, just strange, bizarre problems) unless I turn my anti-virus off, just after freshly rebooting.

I rarely ever have an issue then. I'm not kidding either. I Actually reran "xpcreate.cmd" after rebooting (and AV off) without changing anything else (even reused my FULLly erased CDRW) and an install that complained about some .MAN file in "i386\ASMS\some numbered folder" went away.... no other difference other than a reboot (as I learned to keep the AV off from a previous mis adventure).

Oh yeah... I had to burn the ISO my self with ISO powertoy or DeepBurner or CD Burner XP Pro since whatever GM was using for a command line burner was giving me problems also.

• 3 weeks later...

I got this message when I removed the dot net framework update from my hotfix list. I didn't realize that ndp1.1blahblahblah was an update patch to the dot net framework. So in other words, it's trying to patch a windows component (dot net framework) that doesn't exist. And since it can't patch nothing, you get the error.

Solutions: make sure you are installing the dot net framework update. Or don't install the patch....