Questions concerning $OEM$ installation

Various and probably very easy :blushing:

1. Alright, take this example from MSFN Tutorial Batch Examples:

REG ADD %KEY%\005 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\apps\AdobeReader6\AR6.msi /qn" /f

I don't understand where the Reader will be installed. At (system drive or 'C'):\Apps?

2. oem_folder_structure.gif

So if I place the folder 1by1 and its files into $Progs so the address is:

C:\XPCD\$OEM$\$Prog\1by1\

That would be automatically created somewhere in the installation?

3. Why would I need 'Install' or 'Drivers' on my root? Is that even what's happening?

4. Are the various setup programs being copied to my hard drive and then run from there?

I am so :wacko:.

If I need to be more specific, just ask :yes:

REG ADD %KEY%\005 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\apps\AdobeReader6\AR6.msi /qn" /f

I don't understand where the Reader will be installed. At (system drive or 'C'):\Apps?

if you have the awnser file set corectly it would copy from the $oem$\$1\apps\* to the %systemdrive%\apps so assumning you had on your cd \$oem$\$1\apps\AdobeReader6\ar6 msi on you cd it would copy over to %ststemdrive%\apps\Adobereader6\AR6.msi. then that part of the runonce.cmd script would launch the installer and install adobe reader wehre ever the default install dir or if a preset dir was configured in the adobe reader.msi
So if I place the folder 1by1 and its files into $Progs so the address is:

C:\XPCD\$OEM$\$Prog\1by1\

If you place a dir "1by1" in the %cddrive%\$oem$\$progs dir it will copy that to the c:\programfiles dir on instalation

3. Why would I need 'Install' or 'Drivers' on my root? Is that even what's happening?
on that diagram the install dir is ment to conatin all the applications you wish to have autoinstalled and the batch file or script file would be configured to run them from the %systemdrive%\install\* dir. and the driver dir is ment to contain custom drivers for that instalation
4. Are the various setup programs being copied to my hard drive and then run from there?

Yes if you have oempreinstall truned on in the awnser file they are also if you look at the example scripts on the page you linked the clean up script gets executed at the end and deletes teh c:\apps and driver dirs containing the install packages for the apps