Putting the Updated DirectX and Media Player

this is in now way related to nLite, look in the unattended forums. There should be a post somewhere on 98SE unattended installs...

unattended.msfn.org should cover the NT kernel side of things, as well as provide switches to common programs.

this is in now way related to nLite, look in the unattended forums. There should be a post somewhere on 98SE unattended installs...

unattended.msfn.org should cover the NT kernel side of things, as well as provide switches to common programs.

Ya I looked at that site, but that information only helps me if I plan on using one code for all the machines which I dont. Im lookin into putting it on the machine but having different codes for each install.

Which forum could I look for that information.

At my job I have to regularly reload machines using other people's codes for their machines.

Last thing I need is micsoft suing the place I work...

the reason I want the updates on anything from windows 98 to XP is so that I can save time from going to the microsoft site and having to download all the updates.

um....

I'm guessing where you work, you reformat other people's machines, that use their own CDKEYs? Is that what you mean by "codes"? I thought you were refering to the batch script needed to automate the process.

If your problem is using THERE key in place of yours, simply leave out that entry in the answer file (msbatch.inf for 98 and winnt.sif for the NT systems)

Also, 9.0c does NOT work on 98. Latest version for 98 is 9.0b i believe.

Oh, I'm moving this to the proper forum (Unattended Windows)

um....

batch script needed to automate the process.

If your problem is using THERE key in place of yours, simply leave out that entry in the answer file (msbatch.inf for 98 and winnt.sif for the NT systems)

Also, 9.0c does NOT work on 98. Latest version for 98 is 9.0b i believe.

Oh, I'm moving this to the proper forum (Unattended Windows)

Ya it does bro, I have installed it multiple times.

and Ill try that

• 1 year later...
I agree All norton product suck. Now that they have powerquest the new partition magic 8.05 is buggy. I think that their worst product is system work and their best is the coporate symantec anti-virus.

dont use norton antivirus, use AVG, or f-prot

dont use norton ghost,use Acronis Trueimage server 7.0

You will then see the light. :P

for directx thing look here:http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=22895&st=20entry163905

for more info on directx 9.0c integration.

All of you do yourselves a huge, unfanthonable favor and purchase Terabyte backup and partitioning software-garanteed the absolute best ever before and to come. Go here:

http://www.bootitng.com/company.html