Help AVG Antivirus 7 free edition silent switch

Flew

Hi all

I´m making my own unattended Xp sp2 CD. And I want to use AVG Antivirus 7 free edition, but i can´t find the switch for silent mode and no reboot. :angry:

I´ve tried these swtiches..:

/silent

/q

/qb

/verysilent

Plz help...

Isn´t there easy way to find those switchs....????

Thx

@LispWarez

I have found out the theoretical answer as far as obtaining the latest defs is concerned but perhaps you could test the applying of the updates because I haven't got time. Nor do I use the program myself.

You can FTP with your ftp client to www.grisoft.com on Port 21 and then navigate to the Pub/Soft/70free/setup folder and download the latest version of AVG Free which is avg70free_298a417. Now go to Pub/Soft/70free/update folder - no pwd's required, all public folders. Here you can download the latest virus def file which appear to be the .bin files with the longest filenames. (Check the dates in the file's attributes for latest). You could also download the other updates too. There are ems updates - I presume these are email scanning updates. There are setup updates - I presume these are for the app itself etc.(?)

But how you would apply the updates I dont know. I also dont know the name of the file the app uses to update itself but once you know a simple cmd window of path_to_\whatever.exe whatever.bin would update the app called just after silent install in your batch_file.cmd (or runonce) instructions. Make sure paths reflect location of the files, obviously.

During updating process another file = "upd_vers.cfg" runs but I'm not sure whether running the updater exe INVOKES this config file to run or whether it needs to be "called" differently as I said earlier I havent tested this. Also I dont know whether you can just apply the very latest vir def bin file or whether ALL of them need to be applied hierarchically. (?)

Hope this helps - a bit. Perhaps someone can test and expand on this.