Style XP 101m problem

prnstar

Just trying to help a m8. when he installs the latest version and even with the L version he is getting this

D:\Source\TGTSoft\Common\tgtSec\tgtSecprovider.cpp(591):0xC0040409

error as the installer runs. It has me beat, does anyone have any ideas as to what may be causing it. Downloaded the program again just incase the first was corrupt but thats not the answer. Any help would ber great.

• 6 months later...

Just trying to help a m8.  when he installs the latest version and even with the L version he is getting this

D:\Source\TGTSoft\Common\tgtSec\tgtSecprovider.cpp(591):0xC0040409

error as the installer runs.  It has me beat, does anyone have any ideas as to what may be causing it. Downloaded the program again just incase the first was corrupt but thats not the answer.  Any help would ber great.

tried redownloading? if not i have no idea, ive had no problems with stylexp

• 1 year later...

Did you uninstall it completely first, then try reinstalling? That may or may not make a difference...

Also, make sure you have the latest version, as I believe those bugs were fixed already. 1.01m is outdated, 1.01P is the last of the 1.x line. Try installing 2.03 as that is the latest version.

Download here

I realize that you said you already redownloaded it, I'm just double-checking that you have the latest :)

Thanks for the fast reply,

I did download all the 1.x and the 2.x versions and both versions say the same thing, now I've completely scanned my registry and tried to clear any trace of Style XP but when i try to reinstall it (from the tgtsoft site) it gives that error... :)

yea I do but don't worry...I added so much crap and made so many changes to this machine I'm gonna reformat because now I have other programs that don't work lol....I loose my mind when i can't get anything to work