Nero Recode *with AVC*

CoffeeFiend

Amongst the new builds of all the nero stuff, it's worth mentionning this one. Nero recode now offers AVC encoding. In fact, it creates MPEG4 ISO files: .MP4 files with AVC/AAC contents. it offers better quality than other ASP encoders like XviD (and of course DivX :puke:). Enconding time can be a bit slow, but the results are outstanding. Their AAC codec is also one of the best audio codecs out there, both at low and high bitrates, and also offers 5.1 channel audio. it just might become my new encoding app over Gordian Knot (no, not crappy AGK-the real thing). Well worth the money!

Could you please give more details? You got me interested now...

I got the latest package (licensed with my cd-writer initially) of Nero Vision Express (NVE30114.exe - rel. Dec3) - now is that all I need or is something more needed to use what you refer to.

The Update Pack #2 dated from Dec 3rd is indeed what you need. Just select an AVC profile and that's it :) (Standard AVC in expert mode with a few tweaks works well for me) The only concern you may have is playback - you'll need proper codecs to playback a .MP4 AVC/AAC of course. (Just happenned to stumble across their free volcano screensaver, and it's not quite as bad as I thought it would be)