june

Ok..like this...i have made my multi boot cd..content :

1.WinMe

2.Win98se

3.Win95

4.Acronis Partitions Expert

5.Ghost

6.Dos

I use Diskemu to make a setup menu.All sofware working with Running a IMA files accept the Acronis Partition Expert.Is there any tips to make it work?or i need to Edit my autoexe in IMA files to make it work..please help me.. :(

1. Use EasyBoot - its able to easily load images of the sort you need, without giving head-aches.

2. Search this forum for "Acronis" - this topic has been covered lot of times.

And follow the rules of the forum, while posting. :realmad:

Topics should be given relevant name, and multiple-posting across threads (for the same content) is not allowed.

*3 topics merged

@Incroyable HULK

Oh? That's all?

Thanks a lot. I was just simply using the "run filename.ext" command and never got the Acronis products to work till now. Which is why it hasn't yet got a place on my disk yet.

Please give me a few details - I'm using EasyBoot 5.01 (an old version). When did that "bootinfotable..." features get introduced? Should I move to v5.05 or something?

@prathapml

I suggest you always use the latest versions of EasyBoot and UltraISO as the author is adding new feature and correcting bugs almost on a regular basis.

The ability to extract Boot Info File from Acronis products has been introduced lately

UltraISO 7.23 ME (October 9, 2004)

+) Can extract boot file from bootable CD images created by Acronis products (TrueImage, Disk Director, etc.)

As for EasyBoot, the ability to load those .BIF was added a few days later
EasyBoot 5.04 (October 21, 2004)

+) Can run boot image file(.BIF) of Acronis products (TrueImage, Disk Director, etc.)

Current version of EasyBoot is 5.06.469 and introduced higher resolution of 800x600 and 1024x768 as well.

See my other post about support for theses new resolutions:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=33587

• 4 months later...

Hello everybody,

I would like to ask you if it is possible to boot Acronis product with Grub for NTLDR.

In the menu.lst, i have put this:

title PC Cloneur Expert

kernel (hd0,0)/boot/kernel.dat rw vga=788 acpi=off quiet=on mbrcrcs=on

initrd (hd0,0)/boot/ramdisk.dat /s ramdisk_size=20480

But i have a kernel panic and he told me :

attenpt to access beyond end of device

01:00: rw=0, want=8587, limit=4608

Kernel panic: No init found. Try passing init= option to kernel.

I have Windows XP, and i ad in the boot menu (boot.ini) an option to lunch Grub fo NTLDR, and if i put a reel linux Kernel, all it's ok but whith Acronis No.

If someone can help me ...

Best regards

Thierry

Yeap ...

It's ok now. I realease my Dream :thumbup

To realease that,

I have made a boot floppy disk with the Acronis Trueimage buider,

download an image of 10 MB floppy Disk ( http://bootcd.narod.ru/images.htm ),

make something whith Winimage 7, put the boot sector or other thing in ,and files from the Acronis builder.(The 1st time, i have made the 1st floppy disk and skip the others, and in the 2nd time i re-do the same thing but on a USB key, so the files was in one track).

With that, i have a virtual floppy disk of 10 MB whith a boot loader and files for lunch Acronis Trueimage (Like the boot CD)

So I have installed Grub for NTLDR ( ftp://ftp.linuxeden.com/tinybit/grub_for_....4.0pre7.tar.gz ) , made modification to the boot.ini of my Windows XP (Adding in section [operating systems] the line C:\GRLDR="Chargement de Grub") and put in the menu.lst this command :

title Lancement de PC Cloneur 8

map --mem (hd0,0)/boot/PCcloneur.ima (fd0)

map --hook

chainloader (fd0)+1

rootnoverify (fd0)

boot

So when i boot my computer, i have the choice to lunch Windows XP or the Grub lancheur, and if i choice Grub, i can lanch Trueimage or other think i made like this ...

I hope that this could help someone. :w00t:

Sorry for my bad English and the mistakes. :blushing:

Best regards

Thierry

PS : I have tried the same think for other product (With the same image) but it doesn't work.

So i think that the boot record is important (Perhaps make the 1st floppy, take the boot sector, and made modifications to the other floppy image is the right thing to do)

I try it another day and take you informed.