Hi everyone!

jamey

I found MSFN months back but I forgot completely about it until last week when I was Googling for a config guide, for a winnt.sif unattented setup. I bookmarked it immediately and went straight off and explored the rest of the site. Now I'm sitting here on my younger brother's PC with a fresh installation of my custom unattended Windows XP CD!

The CD is 151MB in size thanks to nLite and the tweaking guide you made. It installs with a modified sfc_os.dll and uxtheme.dll (so WFP disabled and unsigned themes available). There are eight services set to 'automatic' and five set to 'manual', while all the rest are disabled in the only hardware profile on this system.

Here's just a quick rundown of the system specs for any of you who are interested:

AMD Duron 1.8GHz Processor

ECS K7S5A Motherboard

256MB PC2700 DDR RAM

32MB NVIDIA TNT2 Riva 64 Graphics

Integrated AC'97 & 10/100Mbps LAN

30GB IDE Hard Drive (7200rpm)

52x CD-ROM Drive

3.5in 1.44MB Floppy Disk Drive

etc.

desktop_thumb.jpg

Since the whole point of this post is to introduce myself, here goes. I have approximately 7-8 years computing experience in DOS and M$ Windows. I have dabbled in various GNU/Linux distros over the past few years and I know and appreciate the effort some programmers go through to make sure their code is efficient and fast. (OK, so there is one company which is completely exempt from the previous statement. But, so as not to spark any debates or arguments, I'll just drop it. :P)

Anyway, just thought I'd say awesome site! :thumbup And keep up all the good work. :)