Win XP cd too big ?

hi, ive just come accross this place and im stuck already :D

im trying to slipstream my raid drivers onto XPSP1 cd, ive ran thru this guide here http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=32151

very easy and thanks for that, but my problem is when i drag all the info from the original XPSP1 cd it appears on my hard drive as 815MB but the CD is only 500 odds, why is this and how do i fix it, ive tried extracting it with ISO buster but it has the same effect

please help me, im lost in all this stuff

PS does that guide above work with SP1 as it does state SP2 in it ???

cheers

sandman112

its a copaq OEM cd but the only diferenece beween taht and an original is teh compaq folder, which is only about 4mb ? (i think)

but if i view the CD properties then it says that its only 500MB odds anyway

the 2 big folders are the I386 Folder and USWXP32P_ZX

if thats any info to anyone

heres a guy that seems to have the same problem as you and some steps on how he got it working....

http://club.cdfreaks.com/printthread.php?t=99892

as for USWXP32P_ZX, it seems like thats a file/folder that they use for refrencing to prevent duplicate files... or something.. its discussed on the link above. I've never heard of that file/folder before..

hope this helps ya.

ok, so far ive got the CD to autoboot and thats about it, it gets about 1 minute into it and i get a message asking me to insert my windows xp professional service pack 1 cd into drive A (yes A), if i put my original XP cd in the cd drive instalation continues, but my slipstreamed disk isnt working

any ideas where ive gone wrong on this ??

ok, so far ive got the CD to autoboot and thats about it, it gets about 1 minute into it and i get a message asking me to insert my windows xp professional service pack 1 cd into drive A (yes A), if i put my original XP cd in the cd drive instalation continues, but my slipstreamed disk isnt working

any ideas where ive gone wrong on this ??

You need the CD idents - you might have forgotten to copy the files called:

WIN51

WIN51IP

WIN51IP.SP1/sp2 (can also be win51ic for home edition)

As for fixing the "too big" size problem, if the link by Bi0haZarD hasn't yet fixed it, then try using the optimize switch in CDIMAGE, while building your ISO image.