Cleaning up old posts?

dkreifus

Hey...

I was wondering if maybe the mods could clean up some old posts?

I've been searching for things on this site, and theres nothing worse than finding the answer, but then having to dig through 15 pages worth of posts to find the answer...

If not that..

Is there a way to change the search so it goes right to the right post within the topic? (unless I've been doing something wrong).

I know it would be a hassle. I felt weird even asking. I guess its mostly in the Unattended Windows area that I'm stressing.

I'm destrately trying to find stuff, and the posts are all 20-100 pages long...so I wanna pull my hair out. So even if I find the right topic, I gotta go through all the pages.

Edit: I do appreciate all the work the Mods already do!

Hey, if your problem is about having to swim through truckloads of pages to find what you want, then you can directly jump to the post that has your answer:

1. In Result Type, choose "Show results as posts"

2. If you know which member has made the post, (me normally ;) ) then specify that in "Member name".

3. You will get many results with links directly to the post, click that: (example)

i.e., Post Preview: #219937

4. If you still did not reach the post that showed up, then search for your term again using your browser (press Ctrl+F, then find your word).

5. You can also use the "Print this topic" link and then use the browser search (Ctrl+F) to find what you want.

Its simple actually - just like everything else, the more time you spend while doing it, the better you become.

Hey, if your problem is about having to swim through truckloads of pages to find what you want, then you can directly jump to the post that has your answer:

1. In Result Type, choose "Show results as posts"

2. If you know which member has made the post, (me normally ;) ) then specify that in "Member name".

3. You will get many results with links directly to the post, click that: (example)

i.e., Post Preview: #219937

4.  If you still did not reach the post that showed up, then search for your term again using your browser (press Ctrl+F, then find your word).

5.  You can also use the "Print this topic" link and then use the browser search (Ctrl+F) to find what you want.

Its simple actually - just like everything else, the more time you spend while doing it, thew better you become.

I appreciate the suggestions. I knew them already, but I did want to say thanks anyway.

Oh well....the searching goes on...