Still searching...FAT or NTFS on unattended instal

Greetings All,

I posted yesterday and got one reply from a06lp directing me to http://unattended.msfn.org/. Thank you for the re-direct. Has a lot of great info that I will need. Since I only got one response, I guess

my questions were interpretted as someone just looking for a quick answer. If so, this is not the case. I welcome any info I can get, since this procedure is new to me. I had already read the info from that site, and will need to re-read again before I'm ready to do the install.

But...I did not find any topics that directly address how to specify which file system (FAT/NTFS) you want when doing an unattended install.

Nor did I find anything about installing the slipstream version from the hard drive, instead of burning to cd and installing. Based upon what I already know, this should be possible, but I can't find any info verifying this.

Can anyone help me out on this?

Thanks, Adventureman

» I want to manually control my partitioning and formatting options...

If you prefer to manually choose a partition during text-mode setup with full control on choice of filesystem, then make sure you have these lines set as they are under the [Data]and [unattended] sections in winnt.sif:

[Data]

AutoPartition=0

[unattended]

FileSystem=*

If you want to automate this process with exact specifics on drive letters, partition sizes and filesystems, you may want to consider using Bart's PE and diskpart.

gmx,

Yes, this is it! I also read this in the reference section, but the * after Filesystem= through me. Someone familiar with this would have known right away, but still learning. Thank you.

erik_demon,

that is the best answer I've seen so far. The one I'm looking for is there, just gonna take me a bit of time to get it straight.

Thanks you.