Reformat Time

Skotster

After being annoyed by random IE faults, the system folder automatically opening on startup, and some other problems, I desided it was time for a reformat.

This is were the real problem begins, I have just search my computer room in its entirity and cannot find my Windows XP CD. I have found the case with the product # on it, but it was empty.

Now in school a friend told me that software is sold by lisences, not by the contents of the cd itself so i could leagally download it, burn it and use that is it true? Is there a better idea (without spending more money on another XP CD and Key?)

First determine if the Version you have is retail or OEM. If you purchased seperatly in a nice big box then its retail, if it cam with your prebuilt computer then it it most likley OEM.

From there you can contact MS and they can provide you with a CD.

Or if you live near a PC Club i know that they can provide you with a CD aslong as you show them you COA or KEy sticker. Im sure other Computer shops do this as well, however it dependes on the reseller agreement with MS.

But contacting MS would probly be the best bet.

(800) 892-5234

Hours for Phone (Pacific Time)

Monday - Friday

Saturday - Sunday 5:00 A.M. - 9:00 P.M.

6:00 A.M. - 3:00 P.M.

You must have an existing contract or SA account to get support for this product.

TTY/TDD help requests - cost will vary

|Drew|