SWitCH help!

Computerpro2

Hi i need help with making switches and i need to know where to put them and if they are batch files, CMD files or what and do i put them in with the programs that i am planning on installing during XP installation. I also have another problem i installed an ISO image of an xp cd that i tried to install programs on and the CMD windows came up in the installation but when the installation got done and i was logged into my account it gave me the following error:

"windows cannot find 'C:\Install\Applications\dreamweaver\Dreamweaver.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, click the start button, and then click search."

It gave me the same error for the other the other program as well. i will post my script following this.

DREAMWEAVER MX

ECHO.
ECHO Installing DreamweaverMX
ECHO Please wait...
start /wait %systemdrive%\Install\Applications\Dreamweaver\Dreamweaver.exe /qb

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CODE FROM WINNT.SIF FILE

[GuiRunOnce] 
"%systemdrive%\install\AcrobatReader.cmd"
"%Systemdrive%\install\Applications\Dreamweaver\Dreamweaver.cmd"

SCREENSHOT OF THE ERROR MESSAGE ( please note that i installed this copy of windows xp pro on MS VPC 2004 and therefor i had to get the error from my files on my hard drive because i deleted that image from my VPC folder. the ERROR is the same as it was in VPC no changes were made.)

error%20message.jpg

The other programs are setup the same way i dont know what i am doing this is my first time trying this type of installation i do however know everything there is to know about unattended installations of XP but not adding programs to the installation thats a little tricky considering ive never done it before. I Dont have any switches for any of my programs (by now you should know why)

thanks in advance for all your help.....

I

I got the same message on a few different apps. It was my first shot at adding some programs. In my case, it turned out the pathways in my install folder were off. I got that error loading directx9--the cmd.script said "directx9", except the actual folder said "directx". I had left the 9 off, thereby breaking the path-- and it took a couple double takes to see my error...wouldn't be so bad, if I hadn't done the same thing on a few other folders too. I too would like to find more detailed directions on switches and how to apply them--there's a ton of good info here, except it usually leaves me with even more questions. (I'd like to find a guide that's a true step by step walkthrough, but haven't ran across it yet). :wacko:

• 1 month later...

wrong switch for dreamweaver

Macromedia Dreamweaver MX 2004

Install Switch: setup.exe -s

Extraction: Extract files from main .exe to get setup.exe and the rest.

Notes: use /r /f1”c:\setup.iss” to create the setup.iss in your C:\ copy setup.iss file in the same directory where your application setup.exe file resides in.

Registry:

try having one file in the [GuiRunOnce]

[GuiRunOnce] 
"%systemdrive%\install\install.cmd"

and in the install.cmd have all your apps etc

like below

ECHO Installing Adobe Reader 6
ECHO Please wait...
start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Acrobat\acrobat6.exe -p"-s /v\"/qn\""
ECHO.
ECHO.
ECHO Installing Dreamweaver 4
ECHO Please wait...
start /wait %CDROM%\Install\Dreamw\Setup.exe -s -f2\"%systemdrive%\dream.log\"
start /wait %CDROM%\Install\Dreamw\Update\Setup.exe -s -f2\"%systemdrive%\dreamu.log\"
REGEDIT /S %CDROM%\install\Dreamw\register.reg
ECHO.
ECHO.
ECHO Installing DVD Shrink
ECHO Please wait...
start /wait %systemdrive%\Install\DVDShrink\dvdshrink.exe /silent
ECHO
ECHO