nero ogg playlist help!

Vietfobster

im using nero 5.5.10.56. i can make a music playlist and not have to individually select the songs one by one since i can make a playlist and just drag it to nero. this all works with mp3 files flawlessly. i have the ogg decoder from cdrw.com and nero recognizes it when i wanna burn an audio cd. i can even add ogg vorbis to playlist and just drag it to nero and there wont be any problems.

but the problem is making the "mp3 cd". when i make a m3u playlist with mp3 and ogg in it, and drag it to nero, nero only recognizes the mp3 and skips the vorbis. i was using nero express for this. i even used the regular burning rom mode and tried everything but still no luck :( so my question is....how can i make nero recognize ogg files in a m3u playlist? will the latest nero6 do this? im running xp pro sp1

EDIT: i have another problem with burning mp3s to cd. when i burned an mp3 cd, on some songs, parts of the info on the song were gone. for example, i had this song that had the tracknumber. but when i burned it and played the mp3 song, the tracknumber didnt show and it wasnt in the properties either. where did it go?? and wut can i do to prevent this from happening again

I think the problem that you're running into here is the fact that you're trying to make an MP3 CD, but you're trying to add Vorbis files.

Even if you were able to get the Vorbis files onto the CD, most MP3 CD capable players don't support Vorbis formats. You won't be able to get the .OGG files onto the MP3 CD with Nero or any other program for that matter.

I think the problem that you're running into here is the fact that you're trying to make an MP3 CD, but you're trying to add Vorbis files.

Even if you were able to get the Vorbis files onto the CD, most MP3 CD capable players don't support Vorbis formats. You won't be able to get the .OGG files onto the MP3 CD with Nero or any other program for that matter.

thanks for the reply!

naw im not gonna play it on an mp3 cd player or nothing. im trying to make a data cd with mp3 and ogg vorbis files. i can do it by picking the songs one by one, but that takes way too long. plus my music folder takes a really long time to load so i gotta wait a long time. when i add the playlist, it adds the playlist to burn, not the songs.

im trying to have nero burn mp3 and ogg files to cd thru adding the playlist and the playlist adding the songs. is that possible?

ok is it possible to burn an mp3 and ogg (as backup) by adding the playlist instead of adding each music file individually.

I don't think that you can simply drag an m3u playlist into a data CD and have it load the mp3 and .ogg files that are in the playlist.

I've tried messing around with the various types of CDs that you can make with Nero, and I haven't been able to do what you ask...

Sorry to be of no help... :}