Win2003, IIS and FTP

CETY31

To do a print screen

1. Press the "print screen" key on your keyboard.

2. Open Paint (Start --> All Programs --> Accessoiries --> Paint)

3. Click Edit --> Paste

4. File --> Save As (enter a name and select JPEG)

5. Attatch this file in your next post.

It is VERY simple to do, and your router is no harder than any other one I ever came across. As for your current screenshots. You might as well delete them all - that's not at all where it's configured.

First things first: Your "server", is is setup to use DHCP to get IP or on static IP? If it's not setup on static IP, you can use that LAN>DHCP>Static Address Assignment to make it get a static one from the DHCP server in the router too... If you don't do that, then eventually your server's private IP will change and it won't work anymore.

As for using a port from the WAN side access a server on your LAN on a speficic port (which is what you want to do), this is called "Port Forwarding" (and this is very basic networking... it just doesn't get any simpler than that, I wonder why someone who doesn't know these very simple basics would bother answering on that Q...). So the ONLY screenshot you should have posted is that one screen: LAN>Port Forwarding. Actually, you should not have to post it anyways. Go there, enter your incoming port (what you want "visible" to the outside world), destination IP (the one of your server, and port if it has that option). It's all there is to it - that simple. I bet even google'ing for "port forwarding" would find you a thousand times more infos than what you need...

Again, running a dyndns client or something similar is always a good thing to look into (unless you're on static IP and that you can remember the IP...)

You have to tell ur gateway/router that every request on port 2121 will be redirected to your server ip.

by exemple:

My IP is : 24.200.200.35

My FTP server IP is: 192.168.2.99

My FTP server is listening on port : 2121

look at the picture

@crahak : :angry::angry::angry: That's what I told him to do in my words Link

CRAHAK

I appreciate your feed back. However all the solutions in your reply have been

implemented before hand. Port forwarding was one of the first things I did when setting up my server. Implying that port forwarding is basic networking is true, if you have a background in networking. But for the average computer user this might be challenging. I have no problem port forwarding my Dlink router but it has more settings to work with. I removed the Dlink because my IAD would then need to be reconfigued by my ISP.

The internet feed comes in via cable modem. From the cable modem into the IAD.

On the IAD there are three ports. WAN, LAN and PHONE. The WAN from the cable modem is plugged into the WAN on the IAD. The LAN on the IAD was plugged into my Dlink WAN. My phone is plugged into the PHONE port on the IAD. Everything worked great. When I set up my ftp I was unable to connect to it via WAN. But had no problen connecting inside my LAN. So when I started troubleshooting this issue I removed the Dlink. So Cable modem to IAD, IAD to network card, and phone to phone. Even with port forwarding I still can't access my ftp via WAN. This is why I asked my original questions hoping that maybe somebody could help me trouble shoot this issue. My ISP claims not to know how to resolve this matter. I do appreciate the feed back from other members. It gives me a perspective from somebody else which I think can help sometimes.

Perhap's there is confusion about the IAD. The IAD is what they call a gateway/router. It is used for my internet phone. It does have an option in setup to port forward, however I'm not sure if the port forwarding really works.

The reason I posted all those screen shots was beacuse I thought maybe it might be something else wrong in my set up. Most routers have DMZ option this one does not.

Anyway's thanks for your insight.

If you could take the time and explain how to remove the screen shots from this thread I would thank you in advance....