RyanVM Pack: Making my own 1.03 "Semi-Skimmed"

Hi Guys, :hello:

Can I double-check that I have everthing right for creating my own 1.03 "Semi-Skimmed" Pack from the Full version :)

I only want to remove the hacked files, sfc_os.dll and uxtheme.dll as the other items in the full pack are fine for my project.

I am doing OEM intstalls of XP Home SP2 on new PC's so I don't need the features that these files offer. I customers what to do this themselves, that's fine but I want to ship PC's which are as near as possible as the XP Home OEM SP2 with just the HotFixes applied.

If I remove the compressed versions of these file from the pack and amend the RVMUpPck.INF file to remove the "SFCSetting" registry entry, do I need to do anything else to undo the effects of these files?

I have scanned everthing else in the 1.03 Full pack and it seems that's all you need to do; unless you know different! :lol:

Kind Regards

PsiMoon

First off, please keep posts in the main thread on the topic. No need to clutter things up.

Second, yes those are the only changes you need to make. Heck, the INF change isn't even really needed, since only the hacked sfc_os.dll looks to the SFCSetting entry.

Hi RyanVM,

Apologies however the other thread seems to be discussing different topics and wandering all over so I thought it best to start a new one for what seemed a tangent to the discussion. That's what new topics are for after all! :D

Thanks for the confirmation on my ideas :thumbup

I know that removing the registry setting is not strictly necessary however I like to be tidy and as it's not needed I will remove it for my project.

Thanks for your packs; they are very useful! :D

Kind Regards

PsiMoon

I have created an lite Dutch package, cause I don't need those CD-wizard and other English tools to be added to my cd. As base I used the 1.0.1a lite package and altered it a bit by looking at the changelog. You can use my package as a reference to what you want. Note that 1.0.3lite is twice as big as 1.01a :unsure:

I have created an lite Dutch package, cause I don't need those CD-wizard and other English tools to be added to my cd. As base I used the 1.0.1a lite package and altered it a bit by looking at the changelog. You can use my package as a reference to what you want. Note that 1.0.3lite is twice as big as 1.01a  :unsure:

Not surprising. KB834707 added about 4MB to the size of the package. And yet, it barely changes the overall size of the CD at all B) :D