Hotkey Master

Wedge1

Can somebody offer help on this one? Hotkey Master

This is a great little program, btw, and it is a very small download if one of you seniors would care to give it a go.

EDIT: Just to be clear, I have tried executing it like this with no luck:

Blah blah\Hotkey master\"HotkeyMaster 23.exe" -s -f1setup.iss <--- EDIT: there is no setup.iss file for this program. The one I used was NOT for Hotkey Master, but from some other installation of a different program. I am unable to generate one for Hotkey Master

looks like some thing easy enough to write a AutoIt script for...but I'll be out of town for a few days...and I already have one standing request yet to complete.

Any ways if its not done by then I'll code it up...looks like a handy app. :)

Yeah I could but then you'll be stuck with what ever I set as the defaults for the app.

Mainly with most of the au3 files you just edit them as you want them or use them as is...with some of mine the options get out of hand. ;) After all edits are done then just right click on it and compile it into a exe your self...tho it requires you have AutoIt installed in order to do that.

I'll upload both since its not a big deal ether way.

Tho you should look into and start working with AutoIt lots of cool stuff you can do with it and real easy to learn. heh even more so with how many examples we got posted up so far.

Yeah I'm going to take some time to study AutoIT when I have more time. I'm just trying to get my "must-have" programs in order for a silent install I want to do very soon.

As for editing options, I don't think that really applies here. Once the program is installed, you create all the hotkeys you want or simply import your already-created .reg file and instantly all of your hotkeys are back in place, just like before the format/reinstallation of Windows. In other words, the default is a blank slate, so no worries about that.

Just to be clear, I have tried executing it like this with no luck:

Blah blah\Hotkey master\"HotkeyMaster 23.exe"  -s -f1setup.iss

Thats incorrect.

Try this:

"Blah blah\Hotkey master\HotkeyMaster 23.exe" -s -f1setup.iss

I still get the dialogue that asks me to checkmark the "I agree".

EDIT: ..errr I just opened up the .iss file in notepad. It is not the right one :unsure: An .iss file for this particular install is not being created.

Run HotkeyMaster 23.exe -R or -r

Then look in windows directory for setup.iss

Replace existing with this

Run setup.exe -s and should install no probs. The -f1setup.iss, i've not seen. Nearest is this, -f2\"%systemdrive%\HotkeyMaster.log\", as installshield likes to generate a log file.

Look here and it may help a bit more -

http://unattended.msfn.org/xp/applications/installshield.htm

Are you sure that is uses a setup.iss to install?

First, check if there is one in the install dir then, yes - it uses one, no - it uses different install method.

Second, Do you have show all files enabled? because it may be being created but you can't see it, and a search by default won't show it either.

Third, are you logged in as the admin user to install this and generate the setup.iss file?

• 4 weeks later...