Error: Cd does not appear to be created

sorenavery

I have tried to run xpcreate 3 times and every single time I get to burning ISO image after a couple of minutes it ejects the cd then closes again and then brings up an error saying cd does not appear to be created and when I try to boot with that cd is says the ntldr is missing and I am at a loss for what to do next. I am new to this whole slipstreaming thing and was looking for a new way to do it because I do not have a floppy drive and I need to load sata drivers some how and I read that xpcreate was a good way of doing that but I cant get it to work so Im stuck. Any help you could offer would be great thank you.

Ok here is the logfile, thank you for replying, but see at the bottom of this logfile it says burning iso completed but i have done this 3 times and it has said cd does not appear to be created every single time. well maybe if you have a look at it you can tell wuts wrong. thank you.

XPCREATE.LOG

Strange ...

First, the log file does not seem complete: it should have a few more lines at the end.

Second, for some reason, the BOOTFILE value is not in XPCREATE.INI. Is there an XPCTBOOT.BIN file in the BOOT directory?

Third, it DOES look like the burn completed successfully: does the new CD have all the files, but is just noot booting?

The simplest test would be to simply re-run XPCREATE, but this time in a new, empty directory, without modifying XPCREATE.INI by hand. Another interesting question is what is in the .ISO file that has been created. Does this ISO work with VPC/VMWare?

Let me know ...

It should be just slightly larger than your original Windows CD. I do believe that there is a problem with the Boot Image file, especially since the BOOTIMGFILE entry in the XPCREATE.INI file is no longer present. That is why I would suggest a re-do in a clean directory, and letting XPCREATE make the modifications to XPCREATE.INI. Also: what is in the BOOT directory?

xpcreate doesnt find the cdsource unless i change the xpcreate.ini file to look for it in D:. I am trying it from a new directory, completely new start. just finished, did the same thing again, i just dont understand, can you give me a link to downlow vmware so i can test it.

LOGFILES.CAB

just noticed something else I hadnt paid much attention to. When it finishes, the cd it makes is only 60.5mb compared to 473mb or my original disk. So something is definitely missing there, its also missing the valueadd folder and the support folder.

If XPCREATE does not find the WIndows CD on it's own, when the CD is in the CD drive, something is amiss from the get-go. Try it, as I suggested, installing XPCREATE in an empty directory, place the CD in the CD drive, and double click on XPCREATE.CMD. If it does not find the Windows Source, post the LOGFILES.CAB file. A hardware problem is not out of the question. If you have access to another PC, try the same there. If we cannot get this to work, I am not interested in a "work-around", such as pointing XPCREATE.INI to the CD Source: something is not working as it should, and ANY subsequent results cannot be "confirmed".

version 2002 upgrade

Explain what you mean by upgrade?

Do you mean its not the Full retail/oem/volume cd and it is a update/upgrade cd? If so, and I dont know whether this is confirmed to work, but maybe this is the reason.

Am i right in thinking that you cant boot from the XP update cd, only start the process within windows? If so, then the cd wouldnt have a boot img to put into xpcreate.

Just a thought...

Regards,

N.