Computer Name Selection

I am using an unattended installation and would like to be able to select the name for the computer that I am installing Windows on at the beginning or during the installation process, as I am using the unattended install disc on all of my network PC's..

for example I want to be able to insert the CD in PC1 and give it the name PC1 during install, and then insert the disc in PC2 and give it the name PC2

at the moment the unattended disc will give all the computers the same name, which is ok, but this means an administrator has to go round and change them manually.. :angry:

If anyone can help if would be very much appreciated..

!!!! THANKS IN ADVANCE !!!!

It will ask you during the GUI portion of the setup. Another solution, although this could be time consuming depending on how many PCs, is to make a script that renames the computer after setup (say during RunOnceEx) based on the MAC address.

I've done this for one client so far and it worked out ok. What you should do is make sure that all of your computers rename no matter what with this method so that you don't have any with the same name by mistake.