Windows 2000 Pro Norwegian

sael

Hi all!

First off, thanks for making the best os image updater I've seen yet! Been trying out a few, and settled with xpcreate. This great app eased my job as admin tremendously, as well as networkperformance for newly installed clients trying to hog our intertal sus system.

Did a complete makeover on our Windows 2000 PRO Norwegian (no sp's), according to the recipe on the website, as well as following some hints and updates from the forum. The result was top notch!

Created a new image with SP4 first, and then used it and took on the big hotfixjob. The only patches I left out was KB834707 (IE6SP1 update) and KB873374 (Microsoft GDI+). Those two and "Microsoft Jscript 5.6", were the only ones that windowsupdate spotted after install! (Don't know what happend to the Jscript-thingy, but that don't matter). After first reboot I experienced instances on some installs with GUI-hang/explorer.exe not loading properly, but that was solved by simple logon/logoff.

Attached the logfile, if anyone should be interested. Enjoy :)

Now off to making a WindowsXP NO image as we'll be installing more and more of those in the future.

Cheers,

Sael

XPCREATE.LOG

Welcome to MSFN, sael!

Glad it worked for you!

I've never had that JScript issue. I get WIN2K installed just fine, with everything but the GDI+ tool, and for that there is a workaround that has been posted that I have yet to try. For now, I just update the registry accordingly.

So ... what other "os image updater" tools did you try?